“There are 3 types of Beauty: Inner Beauty, Outer Beauty and Lasting Beauty
~ the kind that doesn’t fade with age.”
Ayurvedic Beauty Tips.
These are a few of my favourite tips to help you shine brightly inside and out!
1. Know your Prakriti. When we know our Dosha type, we get to truly understand what works for us in terms of our personal genetic makeup. (To learn what yours is: book in for an Ayurvedic Health coaching session!)
2. Work with the Seasons. The seasons not only influence our diet and mind but also our beauty routine. What you are doing during winter won’t necessarily be what we are doing in summer.
3. Dry Brushing. This is such a beautiful and invigorating practice. Using a natural bristle brush, start at your feet, massaging upwards in a circular motion towards the heart. Not only does this help with exfoliation and creating smooth skin, but it also helps move your lymphatic system, helping to remove retained fluid, toxins and can help reduce cellulite.
4. Self Abhyanga (self-massage). This is a lovely daily practice to be done with warmed black sesame oil. (Depending on your Dosha type and season, other oils can also be used. Check with your Ayurvedic health coach!) Massage your entire body (Including your hair if you are about to wash it!) with the nourishing warm oil, really focussing on connecting to your body with love and nurturing. This helps boost skin radiance, decreases stress in the mind and body, deeply moisturising and has many health benefits.
5. Rosewater. Rosewater is my number one go-to for beauty. I use it for toner, perfume, hair infusing, and calming room spray. You can buy this from Indian groceries or from the Indian food section from coles or woolies. I put mine into a little spray bottle and have it with me at all times. Bliss!
There are many other amazing Ayurvedic Beauty tips and tricks around for helping you glow in your natural beauty – inside and out. If you are having concerns about anything like acne, dry hair, or other beauty concerns, book in for an appointment.